Clinical Psychologist Cape Town
WHO I AM?
I am a clinical psychologist in private practice in Kenilworth, Cape Town. I specialise in cognitive-behavioural therapy with adults, adolescents and couples. I have spent the last 10 years working in both inpatient and outpatient environments with a range of psychological problems. This has included time spent gaining specialist expertise working in inpatient settings with both addiction patients and adolescents. After directing an inpatient drug-rehabilitation centre in 2006, I chose to make the move into private practice, where I currently see clients with a variety of psychological conditions.
You might also want to take a look at my new psycho-educational self-help website Tools for Health and Wellness
AREAS OF SPECIALITY
I run a general practice, but have particular interest in treating:
- Addiction, including chemical addictions to alcohol, illicit drugs, prescription drugs and over-the-counter drugs, and behavioural addictions.
- Trauma and grief, including current trauma, early childhood trauma, post-traumatic stress disorder, ongoing trauma and grief.
- Anxiety disorders, including social anxiety, panic disorder, generalised anxiety disorder, specific phobias, post-traumatic stress disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Mood disorders, including depression and bipolar mood disorder.
- Adolescent disorders, including oppositional defiant disorder, conduct disorder, attention deficit hyperactive disorder and separation anxiety disorder.
- General coping strategies, including stress-reduction, conflict management, assertiveness training and anger management.
- Other psychological conditions, including personality disorders and psychosis.
I ALSO PROVIDE:
Tools for Health and Wellness is a free psycho-educational self-help website written by a clinical psychologist that will help you to be healthy and happy. It unpacks a useful and creative toolbox of techniques and strategies for you to utilize both in every-day situations and also when coping with specific psychological and physical conditions. These cognitive, behavioural, physiological and emotional coping skills will enable you to convert areas of dissatisfaction in your life into meaningful and self-nurturing lifestyle change.
Tools for Health and Wellness is written by a psychologist to promote a healthy lifestyle program through living well & improving total health. It explores a health care plan of psychological & physical tools to achieve on-going health and wellness.
This site will take you on your own unique journey of improved health and happiness, and aid you in a path of self-discovery that will allow you to reach your potential and be all that you wish to be!
Key areas of psychological and physiological health covered on this site
The key areas that I will be addressing in this website include: